Now more than ever, Dr. Henry Backe, and his team at Orthopaedic Specialty Group, adheres to CDC safety guidelines to protect all patients and staff. Dr. Backe stands ready to care for you and your family.
Safe Healthcare For Patients & Their Families
Orthopaedic Care In A Safe & Healthy Environment
Dr. Henry Backe, and his dedicated team of professionals at Orthopaedic Specialty Group, PC., would like to provide an update regarding our current practice and surgery scheduling. Please know that while some of our services may look different, our commitment to patient-focused care remains the same, and we remain open and ready to serve your orthopaedic care needs.
Elective Orthopaedic Surgeries
At the offices of Dr. Henry Backe, it is of foremost importance that we remain dedicated to the safety of our colleagues and patients during this unprecedented time. Our number one priority is to protect our medical professionals so they are able to continue to serve our community with the highest quality of care.
We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our state government in regards to regulations on elective procedures. We will continue to rely on our physicians as subject matter experts to evaluate each patient and determine the urgency of their procedure. The increasing demand on our nation’s hospitals may soon lead to the decision for the use of our facility in an expanded capacity. We are prepared to serve our community and accommodate patients in need of emergent elective procedures, so that our hospitals can focus on those who are critically ill and impacted by COVID-19.
While our facility does not treat those suffering from COVID-19, every precaution is being taken to prevent the spread of the virus and ensure our facility remains a safe environment for our patients and colleagues. Additional safety measures include:
- Screening all patients, visitors, colleagues, and providers upon arrival to include temperature check prior to entering facility and assessment of any travel, virus exposure, or experience with related symptoms
- Limiting visitors to one responsible adult (Accompanying adults may be asked to wait in their vehicles instead of the lobby.)
- Requiring all patients and visitors to wear either a facemask or cloth covering while inside the surgery center
- Implementing social distancing in waiting areas
- Providing our staff with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks, gowns and eyewear
- Following infection prevention protocols outlined by the CDC to ensure a safe environment for our patients and colleagues
It is important to stay informed by reputable sources such as the CDC and World Health Organization as new details on the virus emerge. Reported COVID-19 cases have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death. The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. If you have any of these symptoms, contact your physician immediately. Please do not present to our facility.
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
We would like to extend our gratitude for your patience and understanding during this time of concern and uncertainty. Most importantly, we want to thank all of the healthcare providers serving those suffering from this illness. We believe in doing our part to support them and the healthcare strategy required to heal our nation.
For more information on symptoms and preventative best practices, please visit CDC.gov.